Jozy Altidore's Pre-Season Training Schedule
Jozy's is headed to China for the Olympic games, but in his NY Times blog he gives a quite run down of what it's like over at Villarreal and their pre-season training camp.
I want to give everyone a little idea of what our training days are like:
- We’re up at 7 a.m., breakfast is at 7:45. It’s really light … no eggs, but fruit, cereal, toast, nothing heavy.
- After that we leave for the field and just do running and fitness work, no ball, for about 40 minutes.
- Then it’s back to where we’re staying at 9:30 for snack.
- We get to rest for a half-hour, then it’s into the weight room and some more running.
- We have lunch from 1-2:30, then it’s siesta … but you already know about that!
- We’re up from siesta at about 6:30, have a snack and at 7:30 we leave for tactical training sessions at night where the attackers take on the defenders and we also play a little 1v1.
It’s totally different from anything I’ve ever done before. But it’s fun. It’s good. It hits all areas.