Nike Introduces Nike5, a Breakthrough Collection of Footwear that Transforms the Small-Sided Game
The culture of football reigns supreme both on and off the regulation pitch. From the cages in England to the streets of Rio, the game has evolved from adaptations of small sided football that have taken shape all over the world. Renowned for lightening speed, fluid dribbling, precise control, one touch passing and shots from all over the pitch, the small sided game has matured and demands footwear designed for its specific styles.
Players are bound to find a boot to fit their game, with a collection of boots led by the Nike5 Bomba Finale (cage), Nike5 Elastico Finale (caneta) and Nike5 LunarGato (sala). With a range of surfaces and game styles the Nike5 footwear is designed to the exact specifications of specific small sided games. Cage is typically played on artificial surfaces, including indoor and outdoor games in Europe, Central America and North America. Caneta is primarily played on indoor courts, while Sala is played on hard surfaces such as dirt and hard courts; both originate from Latin America. These homegrown games are quickly expanding around the world.
For the footballer to master their game, in their city, on their turf and by their own rules they need the best product to give them the edge in the competitive and evolving world of urban football.
The 2010 Nike5 Collection includes:
Cage: Nike5 Bomba Finale
- Shape correction Shot Shield advances true low-trajectory striking
- CTR360 inspired in-step area enhances touch for fast distribution
- Protective rubberized screen provides durability and strength in high-impact zone
- Evolved forefront AG TPU traction technology increase toe acceleration and plant foot stability
- New rubber turf pattern provides underfoot ball control and stability
Caneta: Nike5 Elastico Finale
- Revolutionary outsole technology enhances underfoot ball control in all directions
- Full transition lightweight outsole increases 360 degree ball control while enhancing touch for quick distribution
- Anatomically contoured barefoot construction provides a lightweight fit
- Forefoot debosed dots work with the Kanga-Lite synthetic leather upper to provide a soft touch, while amplifying touch under more impact
Check out the Nike5 Elastico Finale's in the video below.
Sala: Nike5 LunarGato
- Lunarlon platform technology, tuned specifically for the small sided game, maximizes balance stability, support and cushioning
- New Gum Rubber outsole design provides traction, flexibility and underfoot ball control
- Forefront leather upper cushions ball impact enhancing touch and control
- Seamless no-sew system increases comfort and flexibility
- Protective rubberized screen provides durability and strength in high-impact zones
The full 2010 Nike5 Collection will be available at retailers beginning October 1.