Each Monday, the New York Red Bulls will send a weekly soccer training program with technical exercises, freestyle trick challenges, fun quizzes, and more.
We’d love to share the Train @ Home program with your families free of charge to help keep everyone stay active, healthy, and have fun during these difficult times.
Home Soccer Training Program Overview:
- Weekly training activities consisting of four areas (1) Technical (2) Physical (3) Game Knowledge (4) Freestyle
- New activities posted every Monday, all of which you can practice in the comfort of your own home
- Weekly surprise guests
- Each week, we’ll also be posting some fun quizzes to test your soccer knowledge and share opinions about the game we all love
- Teams that are members of a Red Bulls Youth Program partner club also have access to a live team video conference. For more information contact your local club or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Training Program:
- Allocate time in your schedule to practice the weekly activities
- You can do as much or as little as you like. Once a week, twice a week, five times a week – whatever works for you
- You may want to practice every day, but it’s wise to take at least one day off to avoid over-training
- When practicing the technical activities, we recommend a work to rest ratio of 1:1
- For example, if you’re practicing in blocks of 1 minute long, you should rest for 1 minute in between
- Use the Homework Scorecard to track your progress!
New York Red Bulls: Jan Gunnar Solli freestyle skills. Can you master some of these skills at home?
Jan Gunnar Solli shows off some of his amazing ball control skills during a preseason training session in Mexico.