Before we begin, a brief warning. Unless you are a level-headed football (soccer) neutral, the following article is likely to provoke spasms of pure anger. Not that we’re suggesting that football fans can’t be level headed or sensible, but…
Actually, that’s exactly what we’re suggesting.
So, without further ado, a brief look at the top 10 classic football jerseys in the history of the game. Our hasty office poll has spoken. Argument is futile. And yes, all of these are football jersys are from the English Premier League. Is there any other league?
10. Newcastle Utd home jersey, 1970
9. West Ham away jersey, 1986
8. Manchester City away jersey, 1970
7. Everton track jacket, 1984
6. Manchester City home jersey, 1970
5. Arsenal home jersey, 1971
4. Chelsea home jersey, 1972
3. Arsenal track jersey, 1979
2. England away jersey, 1966
1. QPR home jersey, 1974
Retro strips are available from a large number of online outfitters, but decent discounts and add-ons can often be found at Sports Direct: http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts. The run on vintage QPR kits starts here!
Coerver Coaching: Get FREE Soccer Training tips. Signup Now!