Coerver Coaching review: Coerver Coaching is The World’s Number One Soccer Skills Teaching Method with over one million players, parents and coach participants in 47 countries. Every player and coach can benefit by learning from the Coerver method – which at its core is about being comfortable and confident on the soccer ball.
NEW: Coerver Coaching now has an online version of most of their DVD sets. They also have a Online Youth Diploma program, which you can watch anytime online. Improve your soccer practices. Try Coerver’s Online Youth Diploma!
Still though, Coerver has been around for 35 years, and all their coaching DVDs and online programs will help you whether you’re an elite soccer coach or just starting out.
Improve Your Game (3 Disc DVD Set) $69.95
This set of highly informative DVDs is jam packed with a variety of tips, drills and exercises that can be used by a variety of people, from players, to parents and to coaches a like. As the title of the DVD says, it’s all about improving your soccer game.
The Coerver Coaching System is highly regarded around the world as the #1 soccer training aid available on the market at the moment, and I thought I’d take a bit of an in depth look at what makes this program so successful.
And there’s a good reason why Jurgen Klinsmann endorses the DVDs – the DVDs are good, as they are based around the ball and getting comfortable with the ball. Klinsmann said:
“I wish the Coerver Coaching program had been available when I was young – it would certainly have made me a better player.”
First of all, I’m going dissect this DVD set into it’s corresponding sections and then I’m going to post a summary of my personal opinions on this product.
A New Era
This section of the DVD introduces you to the Coerver Coaching techniques involved and has some great footage from real football matches to help inspire as well as entertain. Overall, it’s a great way to start off and effectively sets the tone for the rest of the DVD.
Building Essential Skills
These sets of videos mainly focuses on individual skill and ball control. It also contains some content on passing and receiving, but the main focus of this section is on your touch and dribbling skills. There are dozens and dozens of in-depth video examples that are superbly narrated for every technique mentioned, leaving no room for confusion what-so-ever. This is really what sets the Coerver DVDs apart from others, their focus on individual technique and ball work.
This section also covers…
- Warm up exercises. These ensure that you or your players get into the essential habit of “limbering up” before you go at it. This is imperative for maintaining a high level of performance and injury prevention.
- A variety of assignments designed to be done in the comfort of your own home or in a confined area. These are a great and highly relevant addition to the DVD, but I highly doubt the parents will be thrilled at the prospect of having their kid playing football in the house. But hey, it’s their fault for filling their house with such valuable things in the first place! And, after a few weeks of viewing the Coerver DVDs your child’s touch should improve, so there won’t be as many miss kicks.
Fast Break Attack
As the title suggests, this part of the DVD is based around counter attacking, so there’s loads of clips on improving speed and agility. Like the rest of the DVD, each technique mentioned is intricately explained in an easy-to-understand way. Although the main bulk of this section focuses on running technique, there are some handy tips on improving your finishing and team play also.
This section effectively covers…
- Speed and stamina drills. Variations are also shown for use in a
- A variety of assignments designed to improve group skills amongst your
Other notable features include of the DVD set include:
- A complimentary “play like a legend” video.
- Access to the online site
- Relevant information dealing with the science behind proper sports training – This is mainly for the parents and coaches out there.
- 13 warm-up exercises
- 13 speed drills and 7 variations with partners and small groups
- 2 stamina / skill drills and 6 variation with partners and small groups
- 11 group skill assignments
- 12 variations incorporating stops, starts and feints
- Relevant information dealing with the science and importance of exercising and proper sports training – aimed at parents
- 20 home assignments
- 6 variations of ground juggling skills
For maximum effectiveness, players should also be familiar with the skills learned on the Make Your Move DVDs.
To be honest, I was initially rather skeptical of this product. This was mainly due to the fact that I didn’t recognize any of the names associated with Coerver Soccer Coaching, and I’ll admit, I (naively) questioned their pedigree somewhat.
But within the first 20 minutes of watching this product, I was simply blown away by the sheer scale and depth of footballing knowledge that this product could boast. There are dozens upon dozens of well produced and easy to follow clips that effectively cover every aspect of the player’s ability on the ball and the offensive game. I can’t help but sit here and wish that this kind of resource was available to me when growing up, it really has raised the bar for coaching and individual players alike.
New: Coerver Coaching’s Online Youth Diploma
Want Soccer Practices That Players Enjoy? You’ll get all this & much more from this coaching course. Take it from the comfort of your home. Don’t delay joining & furthering your education in technical skills training. Instant Access Now!